This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
For our Future Customers---
The Power of Positive Thinking: The Senior’s Move
Take some time to study the descriptions below. Talk to yourself about the move in new ways. Focus your mind on positive thinking. Choose an affirmations to make your own:
• This move is an opening door for me. I anticipate only good things.
• I have endless reserves of energy for this move. I can relax, pace myself, and enjoy it.
• I am leaving nothing important behind me. All my cherished memories are intact, and I am creating new memories.
Write down your affirmation and put it where you will see it each day. Don't forget to affirm yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Reframing Your Move
What if you were apply the capacity of reframing to moving? For instance, consider reframing your move:
• From loss of control to keeping control
• From fear, clinging, worry to confidence
• From loss to gain
• From leaving the old to embracing the new
• From maintaining false independence to enjoying healthy interdependence
• From losing what's important to gaining perspective on what's important
• From burdened to lightened up
• From age-ing to sage-ing™
If the "from" set of descriptions represent the way you have been considering your move, consider reframing them into the "to" set. What new insights will come to you when you take that step? How will you behave differently, taking new actions and leaving old ones undone?
Find out by applying the reframing skill to your move . . . right now!
Compliments of The Campbells of RE/MAX
Nationally Accredited Seniors Real Estate
Luncheon Sponsor: Right at Home
Right at Home is Northwest Washington's premium provider of in home care and assistance to seniors and disabled adults serving Whatcom, Skagit, Island, San Juan and northern Snohomish counties
Speaker: Opportunity Council
- Adrienne Solenberger, Landlord Liaison
- Hadley Prentiss, Housing Lab Case Manager
We are all part of the community to take care of our seniors, whether they are residing in our communities, being taken care of by our caregivers or partaking of our senior services - we must be the advocates for all of our seniors. That's why Right at Home invited Adrienne Solenberger, Landlord Liaison, and Hadley Prentiss, Housing Lab Case Manager from the Opportunity Council will be presenting information on housing resources for elders 55+.
Participants will learn more about low income housing options, senior weatherization programs, as well as energy assistance opportunities. So we can be informed on how best to help any senior who comes to our communities looking for help.
NO LUNCH NOVEMBER
No Lunch November!
Enjoy a nice little break in November and we'll see you again on December 11th for the gift drive, benefiting participants of the Meals on Wheels And More Program.
If you'd like to participate in the gift drive, contact Julie or Molly at the Bellingham Senior Center and Meals on Wheels Program! You can call them at 360.733.4030.